Hydra Movement: Strength is just the beginning!
FURTHER UPDATES ON TIMETABLE CHANGES FOR NEXT WEEK:
As many of you know, the coaches have been looking at our timetable and are going to be making some changes, starting next week.
We're doing this to improve your training and help you get the most out of each class. Coaches Joe, Juan, Kara, Reet (Rosco, Olive) and I are all are excited to deliver our improved programming from next week.
The new timetable will be up shortly. Talk to your coaches if you have any questions once it's out. A few explanations below for those who are curious.
1. The key change is that classes (other than WODS) will now be scheduled for 90 minutes rather than an hour. Many of you know that it is hard to get through the whole program most days under 60 min. This way the class is programmed for 90 min and if you can stay for the whole thing, there are obvious benefits.
This means there will be one morning class running from 6-7.30am and one evening class running from 6.30-8pm. Those who only want to train for an hour an continue to do so - just let your coach know at the start of the session.
2. Yoga will now be run on the weekends - Saturday 10am and Sunday 9am.
3. Wednesday mornings will now be a mobility class, replacing upper body strength.
4 OLY will be moving to Wednesday night - Tuesday will stay as an upper body strength class. This means you can do a night of each rather than having to choose and get the benefit of both.
5. I know some of you are thinking what about the wod? Well many of the classes are starting to feature more and more conditioning. So we can do both in the same class - strength and conditioning! We will still have a WOD Friday night to finish the week and our usual WOD on Sundays.
(for those who are wondering - conditioning is when we train many reps of a movement so that we become used to its occurrence whenever we deal with it - quite like in a wod)
6. Mindbody is currently being updated and so do not be surprised if you cannot make any bookings for next week just yet.
Thank you for your patience and here's to an even better future 2018
Love it? Let us know by commenting below!
Anurag Gill is the Head Coach at HYDRA Movement in Moonee Ponds.